Order Certified Copies Online
When you request your document online, you may pay by credit or Visa debit card. Your document will be returned by regular mail at no additional cost; however, Priority Mail through the US Postal Service is available for an extra fee. When ordering multiple documents going to the same address, you need pay only once for expedited mail service. Documents will be sent together in a single envelope.
For any applications/ID’s received after 2:30 p.m. CST/CDT, your request will be processed and mailed the following business day.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. except County holidays
Search Not Found - Please note: If your document is not found on file in our office (for example, if the event did not occur in McLean County), we will send you a "Search Not Found" certificate. The charge for the search will be the same as for the document ($15 for a birth or marriage certificate; $17 for a death certificate). Search fees are non-refundable.
Request & Pay Online
5 Steps to Request a Copy of a Vital Record online:
- Click on the type of vital record you are requesting from the list below. You will be directed to an outside webpage.
- Complete the required information relating to the certificate you are requesting on the screens that follow.
- You will receive a confirmation number once the credit/debit transaction is successful.
* Print the confirmation page or write the confirmation number on a piece of paper. Sign the confirmation page. We must be able to compare your signature to the one on your driver’s license or other signature ID.
- Copy your photo ID (driver’s license, State ID or passport) onto the page that has the confirmation number and your signature. You may also scan or take a digital picture of the ID on the signed confirmation page.
- E-mail your ID copy to [email protected] OR fax to (309) 888-5932.
*No documents will be mailed unless an ID has been received. If your faxed or e-mailed ID copy is illegible, you will be asked to resubmit your photo identification. A copy of both sides of the ID is required when an expired ID has an extension date on the back.
Important Notes about Mailing & Payments:
- The credit card billing address will be used as the mailing address for your records unless you indicate otherwise on your request (text box) or ID copy page.
- We will contact you by e-mail or phone if we do not receive adequate information or proper ID. Please check your e-mail or phone messages to avoid a delay.
- You will need to determine the correct payment amount. One birth or marriage record is $15, but if you want additional copies they are $9 each (two of the same record = $15 + 9 or $24). Two different records, i.e. birth certificates for different children (marriage certificates for different marriages) would be $15 + $15 or $30 for one each. Death records are $17, with the additional copies $11 each. Death records for two different individuals would be $17 + $17 or $34. Regular mail is included with your order. Add $7.95 to your amount for Priority mailing.* For help with calculation, click here: Calculate the cost of my order.*Please note: While the USPS says that Priority Mail is usually delivered in 1, 2, or 3 business days, Priority Mail is not guaranteed. Currently, customers are telling us that Priority Mail is delayed. If you still decide to add Priority Mail to your order, be aware that this is the case.
- A convenience fee for each transaction will be added to your total. This fee is not charged by the McLean County Clerk.
We can only fulfill vital records requests for events that occurred in McLean County.
For assistance, please call us at (309) 888-5190 or e-mail us at [email protected].
I want to order
If you have an urgent need for a vital record, please visit the Illinois Department of Public Health.