Calendar of Events
Tax Year 2020 Payable 2021 Calendar of Events
- Apr 27: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- Apr 30: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 16: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after July 16th.
- July 16: Mobile Home Tax due; (Per 35 ILCS 515/9), interest penalty of $25.00 per month for all payments made after this date.
- Sep 16: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after Sep 16.
- Oct 15: Last day to pay in office with personal check to avoid certified letter & $10 delinquent fee (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135). Certified Funds required on payments paid/postmarked after this date.
- Oct 25: Last day to pay in office with certified funds to avoid publication (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). All payments must be received and receipted by this date to avoid publication. Collector will assume no liability for items sent by U.S. Mail or unsettled electronic transactions.
- Nov 01: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes will run between November 21 & November 4th.
- Nov 08: Last day to pay by credit card.
- Nov 15: Judgment Hearing in Circuit Court. Application for judgment and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent taxes.
- Nov 15: Final day payments will be accepted. Final payment must be received in certified funds in the Treasurer’s Office before 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 16: Delinquent Tax Sale begins at 9:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205)
***All dates subject to change.