Bidding & Lettings
ALL BIDDERS MUST
COMPLETE THE AUTHORIZATION FORM LISTING ALL
DESIRED PROPOSAL PACKETS AND/OR PLANS AND FILED WITH THE MCLEAN COUNTY HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT BEFORE 12:00PM (NOON) ON THE DAY PRIOR TO THE LETTING TO BE AUTHORIZED TO BID.
Bid Authorization Form
2016 Bid Lettings 2017 Bid Lettings
March 28, 2017 – 2017 Materials
Plan Holders List
* Projects are advertised in the Pantagraph, usually two (2) weeks prior to the
Letting and the IDOT Bulletin on the two (2) Thursdays prior to the Letting.
* Federally Funded (MFT) Projects - Projects are let by IDOT in Springfield.
* MFT, County, & Township Funded Projects - Projects are let by McLean
County Highway Department in our office. Bids are typically opened by the
County Engineer, but may be opened by an approved proxy in his absence.
* Transportation Committee reviews Letting and passes project, usually on the
first (1st) Tuesday of each month, which then goes to the County Board for
* County Board reviews and passes project as Let, usually on the third (3rd)
Tuesday of each month.
* Signed documents are returned to our office for distribution, usually on the
Friday following the County Board Meeting.