In the radio / communications room, the Emergency Management Agency (EMA) is able to communicate directly with all area police, fire, and highway departments; trauma centers; rescue units; the American Red Cross; National Weather Service-Lincoln; utility companies; universities; and local, County, and State of Illinois EMA units along with amateur radio units.
McLean County EMA maintains a communications van for on-site incident command, duplicating the operations center's radio room during remote deployments. The van is equipped with the following radio communication systems:
For More Information
- Cellular phone
- Computerized topographical mapping and printing
- GE Commercial L1HF
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- ICOM 2m / 70cm Amateur
- Kenwood TK -830H Commercial UHF
- Kenwood TK-630H Commercial Low Band
- Kenwood TK-730H Commercial VHF
- Kenwood TM-V7A 2m / 70cm Amateur
- NOAA WX Radio
- Viking CM 800 MHz
If you have any questions, please contact the Emergency Management Agency at (309) 888-5020.