McLean County K-9 Unit:
In the summer of 2011, then Sheriff Mike Emery appointed Deputy Jon Albee as one of our K-9 handlers with Keej. In December of 2015, the current Sheriff Jon Sandage appointed Deputy Ryan Homan as our second K-9 handler with Rico. After successfully completing the training course, Deputy Homan and Rico joined Deputy Albee and Keej out on the roads continuing the war on crime.
Both Keej and Rico are considered a full-service K-9 unit because they are certified in the following areas:
- Area Searches
- Article Searches
- Criminal Apprehension
- Criminal Tracks
- Narcotics Detection
The MCSO K-9 Unit works and trains closely with other local police K-9 units and is proud to serve and protect the citizens of McLean County.
Recognizing Past K-9 Units:
The McLean County Sheriff’s Office would also like to recognize our past K-9 units and thank them all for their efforts and hard work over the years.
- Deputy Sheriff Brian Sparrow / Canine Onzo
- Deputy Sheriff Mike McGuire / Canine Atlas
- Deputy Sheriff Joe Zoeller / Canine Harro and Canine Ringo
- Deputy Sheriff Carl Boyd / Canine Markus
- Deputy Sheriff Glen Wagner / Canine Ringo and Canine Lazer
- Deputy Sheriff Jason Tuttle / Canine Keej