Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Unit
104 W. Front St.
Ph: (309) 888-5521
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 12:00 noon
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Domestic Violence Unit is an outreach service of Mid-Central Community Action / Countering Domestic Violence / Neville House. The Domestic Violence Unit assists victims of domestic violence with pursuing Orders of Protection and legal advocacy.
Domestic Violence Unit advocates cannot provide legal advice or representation.
Qualifying for Services
To qualify for the services of the Domestic Violence Unit you must have one of the following relationships with the person you are seeking an order of protection
- Have or allegedly have a child in common
- Have or had a dating or engagement relationship
- Must reside in McLean County
- Parent, child, stepchild, or other person related by blood or marriage
- Personal assistant to a high-risk adult due to age or a disability
- Share a blood relationship through a child
- Share or have shared a common dwelling (i.e., a roommate)
- Spouse or ex-spouse
If there are any other civil court actions pending (i.e., divorce, child custody, paternity, child support) between you and the person you are seeking an Order of Protection against, the Domestic Violence Unit may not be able to assist you. If you are already represented by an attorney, please refer back to your attorney for help with filing an Order of Protection.