Notary Public Application
This application is for New and Renewal Applicants
Download the Notary Public Application
After downloading and printing the application for a commission as a notary public, please complete and mail the application as instructed by the Secretary of State.
- The State will send your commission to the McLean County Clerk's Office, and we will notify you by mail when it is ready.
- There is a fee of $7 (in person) or $10 (by mail or online) for the recording in the Clerk's Office.
- Acquisition of the rubber stamp is your responsibility.
Requests in Person
- Bring your unexpired driver’s license or state-issued ID.
- We accept cash or check.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (except for county holidays).
- Driving directions.
Request by Mail
All mail requests must include a copy of both sides of a signature ID. Make your check payable to McLean County Clerk.
After you receive the notification from the County Clerk's office that your commission has arrived, go to the Illinois E-pay web site.
- Click on Miscellaneous Payments from the list.
- Complete the required information on the screens that follow. You will receive a confirmation number once the transaction is successful.
- Print the confirmation page.
- Copy both sides of your photo identification onto the confirmation page (ex: driver's license or state-issued ID card).
- Sign and date confirmation page. Fax confirmation page to the McLean County Clerk at (309) 888-5932 or scan and e-mail to .
- There is a convenience fee for each transaction. This fee is not charged by the McLean County Clerk.
View the Notary Handbook
Browse Notary FAQ's
View and download Notary Public Forms
Notary Public Search