Payments made prior to October 1 can be mailed to McLean County Collector, P.O. Box 843637, Kansas City, MO 64184-3637. Any payments made on or after October 1
mail to McLean County Collector, P.O. Box 2400, Bloomington, IL 61702-2400. If you are paying by personal check, please verify the following before mailing your payment:
- Make check payable to McLean County Collector.
- The check must be dated with the current date. We cannot accept post-dated checks.
- Verify that the check is written for the full installment amount (including any penalties or interest if the payment is late). We cannot accept partial payments.
- Make sure that the numeric dollar amount and written dollar amount match.
- Please write your parcel number on your check.
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Include the payment coupon from the bottom of the bill. Payment coupons can also be printed from our website.
Your cancelled check will be your receipt unless you send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your payment.
A mailed payment is considered to be on time as long as it is postmarked on or before the due date
. Personal checks are acceptable until 30 days before the tax sale.
After that date, payments must be made in certified funds (cash, cashier’s check or money order).