Payments can be made in person at our office located in the Government Center, 115 E Washington, Room M101, Bloomington. During the week of the due dates, there will also be payment windows in the first floor lobby. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Payment can be made with cash, check or credit card.
Payments can also be placed in our secure drop box located on the East Street entrance to the Government Center.
If you are paying by personal check, please verify the following before submitting your payment:
- Make check payable to McLean County Collector.
- The check must be dated with the current date. We cannot accept post-dated checks.
- Verify that the check is written for the full installment amount (including any penalties or interest if the payment is late). We cannot accept partial payments.
- Make sure that the numeric dollar amount and written dollar amount match.
- Please write your parcel number on your check.
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Include the payment coupon from the bottom of the bill. Payment coupons can also be printed from our website.
Personal checks are acceptable until 30 days before the tax sale.
After that date, payments must be made in certified funds (cash, cashier’s check or money order).