Tax Year 2016 Payable 2017 Calendar of Events
***All dates subject to change.
- Apr 21: Online & IVR data/payment services available
- Apr 21: Tax bills scheduled to be mailed
- Jun 01: First installment due; 1.5% interest penalty per month imposed on payments made after this date. Illinois State Statute
- Sep 01: Second installment due; 1.5% interest penalty per month imposed on payments made after this date.
Illinois State Statute
- Oct 1: Certified Funds required on all delinquent payments
- Oct 4: Last day to pay delinquent tax with certified funds in the office to avoid newspaper publication.
- Oct 9: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes between 10/09 and 10/13
- Oct 20: Last day for delinquent tax credit card payments
- Oct 26: Application for judgment and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent taxes.
- Oct 26: Final day delinquent tax payments will be accepted in the office with certified funds prior to 4:30PM
- Oct 27: Delinquent Tax sale begins at 9:00am, Government Center, 115 E. Washington, County Board Room #400, Bloomington, IL.