Tax Year 2015 Payable 2016 Calendar of Events
***All dates subject to change.
- Apr 27: Tax bills mailed
- Jun 01: First installment due; 1.5% interest penalty per month imposed on payments made after this date. Illinois State Statute
- Sep 01: Second installment due; 1.5% interest penalty per month imposed on payments made after this date.
Illinois State Statute
- Sep 30: Last day for payment by personal check; payments must be made with certified funds after this date
- Oct 01: Certified letters issued on delinquent payments; certified $10 cost applied and letters mailed.
- Oct 05: Last day to pay delinquent tax with certified funds in the office to avoid newspaper publication
- Oct 10: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes between 10/10 and 10/14
- Oct 20: Last day for delinquent tax credit card payments
- Oct 25: Application for judgment and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent taxes.
- Oct 26: Final day delinquent tax payments will be accepted in the office with certified funds prior to 4:30PM
- Oct 27: Delinquent Tax sale begins at 9:00am, Government Center, 115 W. Washington, County Board Room #400, Bloomington, IL.