To obtain written, official documentation of the summary/disposition of case(s) held before the Courts of McLean County, a record check would need to be performed.
For each record check within a division (Criminal or Traffic), a $6.00 record check fee is charged per year, per person to be searched.
Please make your check or money order payable to the McLean County Circuit Clerk. This fee must be included with your written request.
Your written request should include the following information:
- mailing address or fax number to return record check result
- requestor’s day time phone number or email address
- record division to be searched – Criminal or Traffic
- years to be searched
- full name (first, middle name or initial, and last) of person to be searched
- any aliases (nicknames, maiden, etc) of person to be searched
- date of birth of person to be searched
Record checks are generally completed within 10 business days, unless a file has to be retrieved from storage. Results are not provided by phone.
Please send your written request along with payment to:
McLean County Circuit Clerk
Attn: Record Check
P.O. Box 2420
Bloomington IL 61702