Bidding & Lettings
IMPORTANT: ALL BIDDERS MUST COMPLETE THE AUTHORIZATION FORM LISTING ALL DESIRED PROPOSAL PACKETS AND/OR PLANS AND FILED WITH THE MCLEAN COUNTY HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT BEFORE 12:00PM (NOON) ON THE DAY PRIOR TO THE LETTING TO BE AUTHORIZED TO BID FOR EACH LETTING.
CURRENT LETTING INFORMATION
Section Number / Description
Proposal / Specifications
Various RD 2019
Seal Ct Comb
Shaffer BR Approach
Money Creek II BR
- Projects are advertised in the Pantagraph, usually two (2) weeks prior to the Letting and the IDOT Bulletin on the two (2) Thursdays prior to the Letting.
- Federally Funded (MFT) Projects - Projects are let by IDOT in Springfield.
- MFT, County, & Township Funded Projects - Projects are let by McLean County Highway Department in our office. Bids are typically opened by the County Engineer, but may be opened by an approved proxy in his absence.
- Transportation Committee reviews Letting and passes project, usually on the first (1st) Tuesday of each month, which then goes to the County Board for approval.
- County Board reviews and passes project as Let, usually on the third (3rd) Tuesday of each month.
- Signed documents are returned to our office for distribution, usually on the Friday following the County Board Meeting.