Bidding & Lettings
- Projects are advertised in the Pantagraph, usually two (2) weeks prior to the Letting. If the project is a MFT (Motor Fuel Tax) project, it will also advertise in the IDOT Bulletin on the two (2) Thursdays prior to the Letting.
- Federally Funded Projects - Projects are let by IDOT in Springfield.
- MFT, County, & Township Funded Projects - Projects are let by McLean County Highway Department in our office. Bids are typically opened by the County Engineer, but may be opened by an approved proxy in his absence.
- Transportation Committee reviews Letting and passes project, usually on the first (1st) Tuesday of each month, which then goes to the County Board for approval.
- County Board reviews and passes project as Let, usually on the Thursday following the regular Executive Committee Meeting.
- Signed documents are returned to our office for distribution, usually on the Tuesday following the County Board Meeting.