Are you representing yourself in court and need help?
COVID HELP (Housing and Economic Loss Prevention)
A statewide initiative to provide no-cost legal guidance and representation to Illinoisans experiencing common legal problems due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Illinois residents can access free legal assistance 24/7 at COVIDhelpillinois.org.
¿Tiene usted preguntas acerca del tribunal?
Illinois Court Help le conecta con la información que usted necesite para ir al tribunal. Este es un servicio gratuito de los Tribunales de Illinois. Llame o Textee al (833) 411-1121
Illinois Court Help - A free service of the Illinois Courts
Connect to the information you need to go to court
You call or text 833-411-1121 to connect with a trained court guide who can provide up-to-date Illinois court information and answers to specific questions about the court process. Illinois Court Help guides will also connect people to the resources they need to go to court, from filing forms to accessing legal aid. Initial hours of operation are 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, with expanded hours to come over the next few months.
Resources for Self-Represented Litigants
- Resources, guides, and legal information for self-represented litigants provided by the ATJ Commission
- Resources provided by the Illinois Supreme Court
- Free legal answers provided by the American Bar Association (if you qualify)
- Illinois State Bar Association Lawyer Finder
- Illinois Legal Aid Online
- Odyssey Guide & File - free online service to create and file court forms
If you do not have an attorney, there are limited resources and assistance available to assist in e-filing in the McLean County Law Library (Room 665 of the Law & Justice Center) and within the 4th Floor Circuit Clerk’s office. These resources include public access terminals and document scanners. With a few exceptions, volunteers in the McLean County Law Library are available Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm, to assist with legal information (not advice), access to court forms, and help with e-filing. The Law Library phone number is (309) 888-4801.
Odyssey Guide & File
The following links are direct links to the first page of each interview. Access to all interviews is available via Odyssey Guide and File.
- Adult Name Change – Create Forms
- Adult Name Change – e-File Forms
- Petition for Dissolution of Marriage or Civil Union (No Children)
To see the overall process of getting a divorce in Illinois when you have children, please click here.