Notarization & Other Services

County Clerk’s Office Available Services

Payment is by cash or check only for the following County Clerk services:

Document Notarization

The County Clerk offers notarization services for $1 per notary statement (i.e. per notary signature/stamp applied). However, we do not notarize anything of a political nature or anything that is to be recorded in McLean County. Your document must have a notary certificate statement included or leave at least two inches blank so that we may apply the notary certificate with a stamp. Per Statute, we cannot notarize documents without the certificate wording. Unless they are personally known to the notary, anyone whose signature is to be notarized on a document must present a valid (unexpired) photo ID issued by a state agency, federal government agency or consulate, which bears the signature of the individual.  View the Illinois Notary Public Act.

I-9 Verification by Authorized Representative

Call ahead to 309-888-4098 for availability and indicate which I-9 documents you intend to show. You must present written authorization by the verifying employer. We must see your original I-9 document(s). There is a $5 fee for this service, payable in cash or check. (Please realize that this is not a notarization.  The I-9 should not be notarized.)

Apostilles (Available from Illinois Secretary of State) 

Certified copies of McLean County documents such as marriage and birth records are available from the County Clerk’s office, but if the documents are for foreign use, they may require additional authentication in the form of an apostille. The Secretary of State of Illinois is the apostille authority for Illinois only.  If your vital record is from another state, you will need to contact the Secretary of State for that state. For more concise information, please see the State’s Apostille Brochure. Here is a link to the Apostille Application form for your convenience. 

Note: If you require an apostille for foreign use of the document, and you are out of the country, contact our office and ask to speak to the staff member knowledgeable about apostilles. Additional reasonable fees apply.  (Please note we cannot help you get the apostille on vital records that originated outside of McLean County.  In addition, if the birth, marriage, etc. occurred in another state, you will need to contact the Secretary of State for that state for information on how to obtain the apostille.)