- Departments A - F
- Building & Zoning
- Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoning Board of Appeals
- 7:00 PM
- First Tuesday of each month
- Government Center
115 E. Washington St.
Bloomington, IL 61702-2400
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is a seven-member citizen board organized under the zoning ordinance to hear several types of zoning issues. These include:
- Appeals of a determination made by the director of Building and Zoning
- Permissions for certain uses under zoning named as special uses in the zoning ordinance
- Requests for changes in zoning classification (map amendments)
- Requests for relief from specific requirements of the ordinance through variance requests
A citizen may apply for a public hearing, pay a filing fee, and present his/her case to the ZBA. In some instances, the ZBA makes a final decision on the request, but in most instances, the ZBA makes a recommendation to the full County Board for their final consideration.
Publications, Agendas, Minutes & Audio
Publications are available two weeks prior to the meeting.
Most Recent Publication | View All Publications
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas
Staff Report Packets are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Staff Report Packets | View All Staff Reports
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All Minutes
Audio is available following the meeting.
Most Recent Audio | View All Audio
Posted in order of appearance before Zoning Board of Appeals.
See additional documents and audio related to ZBA hearings and issues.