Cases Referred to Collections
Attention All Persons with Financial Obligations Due to the McLean County Circuit Court
Effective January 1, 2006, any person with an outstanding financial obligation in a criminal, DUI, or traffic matter will be referred to a collections agency. This action will be in addition to the following:
- Collection expenses
- Contempt of court
- Issuance of a warrant for arrest
- Lien on personal and real property
- Notification of national credit reporting agencies
- Suspension of driver's license (in any moving violation)
- Wage withholding
Please note: All files referred to collections will have an additional obligation of a 30% collections fee included in the amount owed.
Making a Payment
Payments should be made in the form of cash or money order (the amount due would equal the fine plus the collections fee) payable to the McLean County Circuit Clerk. Payments may be made in person at the McLean County Law and Justice Center at 104 West Front Street in Bloomington, Illinois (except on court holidays).
- Do not contact the Circuit Clerk's office to seek an extension.
- If payment is sent by mail, please include case number on the face of the money order and send it to: McLean County Circuit Clerk
P.O. Box 2420
Bloomington, IL 61702-2420
- If you wish to pay by credit card, you must contact the collections agency by phone or by mail / in person to: Harris & Harris
111 W Jackson
Chicago, Illinois 60604
Please allow 10 business days processing time for mail payments. Receipts will not be issued on mail payments without a stamped self-addressed envelope.