Over Weight / Over Dimension Permits
All roads in McLean County, whether it is a County Highway (CH) or a Township Road, are posted year round.
04/15/2019 - McLean County and all McLean County Township Road Districts have lifted the Spring Postings from the County Highways and Township Roads and have returned to the Summer Weight Restrictions.
**Please be sure to check with all Township Highway Road Commissioners before traveling on any of their roads.**
- Any vehicle that is one or more of the following needs to have a permit in the vehicle allowing the move.
- Over the Posted Weight Limit
- Over 8'6" in Width
- Over 65' in Length
- Over 13'6" in Height
There are two (2) posting periods.
- The Summer Weight Restriction period runs from April 15th of the current year through January 15th of the following year.
- The Spring Posting period runs from January 15th through April 15th of the current year.
- We may issue a permit to run the roads during this period depending on the weather at the time of a request. There is generally a fee for this permit. Please see Permitting Status for the latest updates during this period.
Click her to view: Over Weight / Over Dimension Fee Schedule
Click here to view: Road and Bridge Weight Limits Map (PDF)
Request a Permit
To request a permit to run on County Highways, please contact Oxcart Permit Systems at https://www.oxcartpermits.com.
Please note: No permits will be granted on any road for a load that is a divisible load (i.e. gravel, cement, seed, etc) higher than the normal summer weight limit.
Additional Township Road Permits
If you need a permit to run on a Township Road, you will need to contact the Road Commissioner of that Township.