Over Weight / Over Dimension Permits
All roads in McLean County, whether it is a County Highway (CH) or a Township Road, are posted year round.
01/24/2020 - McLean County has not yet posted the Spring Weight Limits on the County Highways. Please check "Permitting Status" on the left to stay updated on the Spring Posting Period.
Please check with all McLean County Township Highway Road Commissioners regarding the status of their Spring Posting Period on their roads.
**Please be sure to check with all Township Highway Road Commissioners before traveling on any of their roads.**
- Any vehicle that is one or more of the following needs to have a permit in the vehicle allowing the move.
- Over the Posted Weight Limit
- Over 8’6" in Width
- Over 65’ in Length
- Over 13’6" in Height
There are two (2) posting periods.
- The Summer Weight Restriction period runs from April 15th of the current year through January 15th of the following year.
- The Spring Posting period runs from January 15th through April 15th of the current year.
- We may issue a permit to run the roads during this period depending on the weather at the time of a request. There is generally a fee for this permit. Please see Permitting Status for the latest updates during this period.
Click here to view: Over Weight / Over Dimension Fee Schedule
Click here to view: Road and Bridge Weight Limits Map (PDF)
Request a Permit
To request a permit to run on County Highways, please contact Oxcart Permit Systems at https://www.oxcartpermits.com.
Please note: No permits will be granted on any road for a load that is a divisible load (i.e. gravel, cement, seed, etc) higher than the normal summer weight limit.
Additional Township Road Permits
If you need a permit to run on a Township Road, you will need to contact the Road Commissioner of that Township.