- Departments G - Z
- Employment Opportunities
- Corrections Employment
NOW HIRING Full-Time Correctional Officers
Starting Salary: $44,769.92
(Overtime available once released from training)
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Be a United States Citizen
· Be a high school graduate or equivalent
· Have a valid Illinois Driver’s License
· Reside within one (1) hour’s driving time to the McLean County Law & Justice Center Bloomington, Illinois at time of
employment (regardless of weather and road conditions, road construction, vehicle availability and vehicle
· Not convicted of a Felony or a crime of moral turpitude under the laws of Illinois or any other state.
Please feel free to contact the MCDF Jail Administration if you have any questions.
Diane Hughes Mathew Proctor Ovid Winans
Superintendent Assistant Superintendent Assistant Superintendent
309-888-5032 309-888-4628 309-888-5827
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
No Prior Experience Required – On the Job Training
Correctional Officers are responsible for the supervision and security of inmates in the McLean County Detention Facility in accordance with State and Federal Laws, established policies, regulations, and procedures.
McLean County offers comprehensive benefits:
- Medical Insurance Vision Insurance Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account Flex Spending Account Dependent Spending Account
- Accident Insurance Critical Illness Insurance Identity Protection
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF Pension)
- County Provided Life Insurance and Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Minimum 3 weeks off annually upon completion of probation.
HOW TO APPLY - Applications for the position of Correctional Officer may be completed online at our McLean County job posting page. All eligibility requirements can be found within the online job posting. Click here for Rules and Regulations regarding Lateral Transfers.
The following documents are required as part of the hiring process. You can upload the documents with your application.
- Birth Certificate: Certified Copy of your birth certificate from the county you were born. We cannot accept birth certificates issued by the hospital.
- Educational Transcripts: From highest level of education.
- Military Transcripts: Military service discharge, if applicable.
- Valid Driver’s License: Copy of front and back.
- A signed Authorization for Release of Personal Information form.
- A signed Permission for Security Check form.
Thank you for your interest in our Department.
McLean County Sheriff
The Sheriff’s Office is located at:
The McLean County Law and Justice Center
104 W. Front Street
Bloomington, Illinois 61701