Licenses & Permits

Fireworks Permit Applications

Review the Ordinance for Fireworks Displays and complete the appropriate application for:

Public Fireworks Display (PDF)
Consumer Fireworks Display (PDF)
Pyrotechnic Fireworks Display (PDF)
Fire Chiefs (PDF)

The Fireworks Permit Application will not be considered filed until originals of the Application and Certificate of Insurance are also filed in the McLean County Clerk's Office.

Liquor License General Information

Please read the letter from the Liquor Commission Chairperson linked immediately below.  The letter contains a flow-chart to help determine whether you need a liquor license and, if so, what type of license you need.  

Liquor License Informational Letter with Flow Chart

Contact our office to obtain the application for a Class A, B, or C (annual) license.  

Special Event Liquor License Information

Review the following information:
Chapter 160 of County Code: Alcoholic Beverages
Class E Liquor License Information (PDF) - Events held by Not-for-Profit organizations
Class F Liquor License Information (PDF)  - Private Social Functions - Special Event (Retail) - See note

Note:  A Class F license is not required of a holder of a valid caterer retailer* license issued by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.  See the Liquor Control Act of 1934.  

*Definition of caterer retailer from the Act: 

(235 ILCS 5/1-3.34)
    Sec. 1-3.34. "Caterer retailer" means a person who serves alcoholic liquors for consumption, either on-site or off-site, whether the location is licensed or unlicensed, as an incidental part of food service. Prepared meals and alcoholic liquors are sold at a package price agreed upon under contract.
(Source: P.A. 88-91.)

Liquor License Application Forms

Complete the appropriate application below:
Class E Liquor License Application (PDF)
Class F Liquor License Application (PDF)

To add an Outdoor Garden liquor license to a current Class A or B annual license:
Class G Liquor License Application (PDF) 

The appropriate license application and fee should be filed with the County Clerk at least 14 days prior to the event. The application will not be considered filed until the original Application and a copy of the Certificate of Insurance are also filed in the McLean County Clerk's Office.

If you are a new applicant for a Class A, B or C liquor license, please contact the Clerk's Office for the application form.

For permits inside the limits of an incorporated city, village, or town, contact the proper local authority. See the Liquor Control Act.

Massage Parlors

Review the County Code for Massage Parlors and complete the Application to Operate a Massage Establishment (PDF)