Calendar of Events
Tax Year 2017 Payable 2018 Calendar of Events
- Apr 25: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- Apr 27: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 04: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date).
- Sep 04: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date).
- Oct 5: Certified Funds required on payments paid/postmarked on or after this date. Certified fee of $10.00 assessed and letters mailed on delinquent parcels. (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135)
- Oct 9: Deadline to pay to avoid publication of delinquent taxes in newspaper (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). All payments must be received and receipted by this date to avoid publication. Collector will assume no liability for items sent by U.S. Mail or unsettled electronic transactions. Collector strongly recommends that payments sent by U.S. Mail are remitted no less than 10 days prior to this date to allow time for delivery. Certified funds required. Publication will run between October 15th and 19th.
- Oct 25: Last day to pay by credit card.
- Oct 31: Judgment Hearingin Circuit Court.
- Oct 31: Final day payments will be accepted. Final payment must be received in certified funds in the Treasurer's Office before 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 01: Property Tax Sale (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205) at 9:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL.
***All dates subject to change.