Calendar of Events
Tax Year 2021 Payable 2022 Calendar of Events
- Apr 27: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- Apr 29: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 6: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest penalty of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after June 6th.
- Jun 15: Mobile Home Tax due; (Per 35 ILCS 515/9), interest penalty of $25.00 per month for all payments made/postmarked after this date.
- Sep 06: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest penalty of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after Sep 06.
- Oct 06: Last day to pay in office with personal check. Certified funds required on payments paid/postmarked after this date. Certified fee of $10.00 assessed and letters mailed on delinquent parcels. (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135).
- Oct 11: Last day to pay in office with certified funds to avoid publication (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). All payments must be received and receipted by this date to avoid publication. Collector will assume no liability for items sent by U.S. Mail or unsettled electronic transactions.
- Oct 17: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes will run between 10/17/2022 and 10/20/2022.
- Oct 28: Last day to pay amount due by credit card online or by IVR.
- Oct 31: Judgment Hearing in Circuit Court. Application for judgment and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent Real Estate & Mobile Home taxes.
- Nov 03: Final day payments will be accepted, must be certified funds and made in the office prior to 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 04: Delinquent Tax Sale begins at 10:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205)
***All dates subject to change.