Stray Animals

To report a stray dog or cat contact your local non-emergency dispatch center to make contact with an Animal Control Warden.

Please contact your local non-emergency dispatch center, who will then contact an Animal Control Warden. Contracts are in place with different municipalities that dictate Animal Control's response.

To report nuisance wildlife complaints contact Illinois Department of Natural Resources.

Bloomington residents: Call (309) 820-8888

Normal residents: Call (309) 888-5030 

County residents: Call (309) 888-5030

Dispatchers will contact an Animal Control Warden to triage the response depending on jurisdiction.

A stray dog standing next to a car.

Possible Fees & Fines

Depending on location and jurisdiction where the animal was found running at large will determine the total reclaim fees assessed. MCAC accepts cash or credit (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card) for reclaim transactions. Please note if using a credit card GovPay charges an additional convenience fee to process a transaction at the Animal Control Center. Contact the office for additional information at

(309) 888-5060 Ext. 0

View a map of the MCAC.

Reclaim Hours

Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Closed Sundays and Holidays

Return to the Animal Control Homepage