Wild animal on my property?

CoyoteIf you find a wild animal on your property, please seek out the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR).

Due to safety concerns, in most cases, IDNR recommends you hire a nuisance wildlife control operator (NWCO) to remove the bird or animal that is causing a problem. NWCOs must pass a test administered by the IDNR to obtain their commercial permit, and they must follow strict guidelines for capturing, handling, and transporting animals. These professionals will remove an animal(s) from your property for a fee. If you need the services of a NWCO, find contact information for local operators. (Under Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators, click "Find Operators by County," and type "McLean.")

IDNR Resources

How to Prevent Problems with Wildlife
How to Solve a Problem with Wildlife at your Home
IDNR Frequently Asked Questions
Report an Unusual Animal Sighting to IDNR
IDNR Public Health and Safety Topics

Return to the Animal Control Homepage